6 Great Tips For Renting A Home
Are you thinking of renting? Finding the right property can be a challenge. The following six tips will help get you to get the rental home of your dreams.
- Figure out what you can afford to pay in rent and other costs. Figure on spending no more than thirty percent of your income on housing expenses. Be sure to include any extra fees, utilities, and the cost of rental insurance in your initial budgeting.
- Prioritize needs and wants. Think about what you really want in a home, and what you could live without. Make a list that clearly shows what features are most important to you. Refer back to this list as you are comparing different rental properties. Prioritizing now will help you to keep a clear head later, and may save you from signing a lease for a home that is beyond your financial comfort zone.
- Research locations. Find locations that would make for a short commute to your workplace. Look up crime rates for these areas. If you have children, consider how close you are to schools. Depending on your preferences, you may want to find out more about nearby parks, fitness centers, or shopping centers. Visit the areas you are considering during different times of the day to determine how much traffic you can expect.
- Check into all fees. Some rental properties may come with extra fees for things such as appliances.
- Check utility prices. The landlord may be able to provide you with the average utility prices, or you could check with local utility companies. If you are renting an older home or a very large home, heating and cooling costs will likely be higher than normal.
- Find a good rental insurance policy. Shop around to find the best prices.
If you are looking for rental property in the Weirton and Steubenville area, please visit Orecchio Properties to find the best rentals available.